Precision Mechanical Finishing on a Range of Surfaces
RP Abrasives (RPA) is a ISO 9001:2015 registered provider of precision mechanical finishes on all metals and plastics along with chemical passivation of stainless steel & titanium. We provide base finishes for products to be plated, anodized, or any type of coating. We also provide final finishes for those metals or plastics that require no coating.
The surface and metal finishing services we provide include:
- Bead Blasting Services: Either glass bead of various grits, aluminum oxide of various grits, silicon carbide of various grits, steel shot of finer grits, garnet 30/60 grit, walnut shell, baking soda, or corncob.
- Mass Finishing Services: Using various sizes and types of medias.
- Vibratory Tumble Services: Using various sizes and types of medias.
- High Energy Tumble Services: Using various sizes and types of medias.
- Polishing and Buffing Services: From satin to high luster and or mirror finish.
- Deburring Services: External or internal surfaces and edges.
- Mechanical Surface Finishing: Providing precision finishes to specific areas on parts.
- Passivation Services: Certifying to citric passivation to ASTM spec 967, AMS 2700 method II, ASTM A380, and mil. Std 171F
- Microscopic Deburring Services: 4x to 200x
- Microscopic Inspection: 4x to 200x
- Measuring for Roughness on Surfaces Finishes: Down to 1 micro inch
- Light Assembly Work
If you have a machined, cast, stamped or formed part and you need a particular surface finishing service please give RP Abrasives a call, or send us an email. Quotes are free of charge as are samples.
Before & After
Metal Polishing & Buffing
The Metal Finishes Guide defines metal polishing as a process that enhances the surface of a part by means of metal removal. Metal polishing is done through the use of abrasives, such as wheels, belts and abrasive media to ensure the best possible results.
In most cases bead blasting refers to the projection of media in the form of a bead or sphere against a substrate such as stainless steel, aluminum or any material that requires a surface conditioned via blasting. All of our capabilities can be applied to just about all materials, including but not limited to stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, and plastics.